Monday, August 6, 2012

Intro Classes for Preschoolers

Our classes begin one week from today.  The past week has been filled with painting, cleaning and preparing materials for our three rooms.  I have much more to do before our preschool intro classes on Wednesday and Thursday.  I believe an all-nighter may be in my immediate future. 

This year I decided to offer a one hour intro class for parents and students.  This is a mini version of a typical preschool day.  The children will have the opportunity to be in their new classroom, meet the teachers and fellow students, and experience some of our daily activities.  Parents remain for the entire class and can get a taste of what will be happening in our classroom this year.  My hope is this special introductory class will lessen the first day separation anxiety and tears.  I don't want the first day to look like this...  :)
/

I would love to hear ideas from my fellow teachers about easing new student's fears and helping them feel safe and comfortable as the year begins.  Please leave a comment and share your tips. 

Happy New School Year Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment