Saturday, August 18, 2012

First Week Accomplished!

It is Saturday around 11:30 a.m. and I'm still in my jammies.  Ahhhhh...it feels good.  :) 

This was our first week with our new schedule.  It was a bit of an adjustment transitioning from one preschool class three afternoons a week to a preschool or prek class every morning and a kindergarten class every afternoon.  Let's just say 5:30 a.m. and I are not best friends yet, but we sure will see a lot of each other this year.

My body is tired and sore.  I think my brain may have shut down sometime on Thursday.  However, my spirit is soaring!  We have an amazingly intelligent and entertaining group of children this year.  They have made me laugh, made me proud, and made me thankful every day this week.  I am blessed to have the honor of spending the year with these students and I pray that they and their parents will feel the same when our school year ends. 

I saw this first day photo idea here and knew we had to do it this year.  I loved how the pictures turned out.  I printed, laminated, and placed each picture on the children's cubbies for the second day of school.  They enjoyed taking their special photo home.  Here are some of our cutie pies on their first day...


No comments:

Post a Comment